Travel to see a Top Biological Dentist in the USA | Dr. Yuriy May
Dr. May sees patients from all over the USA and from across the globe. We have a very specific process that we follow for patients who are flying into our local airport and need to stay for several days of treatment. Below please read information about the new patient process with Dr. Yuriy May, the local airport, local hotel options, and the process of receiving estimates, pre-surgery protocols and scheduling your new patient appointment + surgery/procedures.
Dental Tourism for Biological Dentistry
We welcome patients from across the USA and internationally every week. Generally, most patients stay with us 2 days (minimum stay) to a week (7 days stay after extensive surgery) however no maximum exists and patients have stayed from the Middle East for a month to finish several phases of work and recover.
Typical Schedule for Dr. May’s Traveling Patient – Length and Visits:
- Typically, patients visit us for a minimum of 2 days, while most patient stays last 3-4 working days. Example Below:
- Patients arrive Monday morning or Sunday night.
- The patient arrives at a new patient appointment on a Monday. All treatment plans and financial estimates are completed in detail and payment is rendered in full for upcoming treatment on the same day as the new patient appointment.
- Tuesday (next day after the new patient appointment), treatment begins – surgery or restorative dentistry.
- Wednesday treatment may continue or it may be a post-procedure or post-surgery follow-up visit.
- Thursday, the patient may come in for a follow-up (if Wednesday was a treatment day) and/or may schedule their travel back home.
- Some patients rest and schedule their flights for Friday.
What dental treatment is possible at Natural Dentistry in a single visit (2-4 days)?
We spend time with all of our patients introducing them to our practice, discussing their main concerns, helping them understand the treatment philosophy, reviewing records, collecting health information, the developing high-level estimates. The goal is for each traveling patient to feel confident, comfortable, and prepared prior to their first appointment and Dr. May. By the time you purchase airfare, book a hotel, and schedule your appointment with Natural Dentistry, you will have a lot of information about the cost of treatment, sequence of treatment, recovery expectations, how many visits you will need to make, your supplementation protocol, and future visits.
We will be asking for the following to review your individual clinical case:
- New Patient Registration Forms to be completed
- Email of most recent CBCT Conebeam Scan (in some cases Pano and/or photos)
- Deposit for Case Review $500 that will go towards the cost of the first new patient appointment
You will receive from us:
- An estimate of potential costs and outline of potential treatment
- Supplementation Protocols Prior to Surgery
- Request for Bloodwork (only for surgery treatment, to be reviewed pre-surgery)
Treatment That Can Be Done During Your First Trip to Natural Dentistry:
- Evaluation, Diagnosis, Treatment Planning
- Extractions (Failing Root Canals, Infected Teeth, Non-Restorable Teeth)
- Titanium Implant Removal (Failing titanium implants, titanium implants causing reactions)
- FDOJ/ Cavitations (depending on diagnosis)
- Zirconia Implant Placement
- PRF Grafting and Sinus Lift
- Safe Amalgam Removal
- Crown & Bridge Replacement
- Removal of Veneers with Laser with New Temporary
- Full Arch All on X Surgery or Full Mouth (Double Arch) Surgery: Removal of all infected, non-restorable teeth with grafting, ozone, sinus lifts and immediate placement of zirconia implants with immediate temporary
- Frenectomy (Tissue Release procedures)
- Veneer/Crown Design and Preparation (Cosmetic)
New Patient Scheduling Process
(How to Become a Patient & Schedule an Appointment with Dr. Yuriy May if you are from out of town)
- First, begin the process by filling out the new patient appointment request link, which is found here
- Immediately check your email; you will receive information with NEXT STEPS, including Travel Information, First Appointment Information, Costs, and New Patient Registration Forms which must be filled out to continue
- Fill out the New Patient Registration Forms below or in the email you receive after filling out the form above!
- ✔ L I N K New Patient Registration forms (Link 1 )
- Send any existing diagnostics, such as a full 3D CBCT Scan (not sure what a CBCT Scan is? Read more about 3D CBCT ) and/or recent 2D pano from within the last 6 months
- Your next step is to reach out to our New Patient Concierge directly at 1-860-554-1130 via call and text to let them know your name and email, and that you submitted an online form and would be a traveling patient. The patient concierge will reach out to you via phone to have a preliminary conversation about your needs and additional relevant information.
- If we have already received your diagnostics, you will be emailed a POTENTIAL TREATMENT PLAN of what COULD BE DIAGNOSED when you arrive at our office AFTER the scheduled New Patient Appointment 2.5-hour evaluation, diagnostics, and treatment planning. This will have the potential treatment and potential costs. Costs are subject to change if, after the in-office evaluation, new clinical issues/challenges are discovered. If we have not received your 3D CBCT scan or Pano, please move to step 7. A deposit might be collected before sending out the full treatment plan estimate of approximately $500.
- If you have not yet sent a copy of your most recent (<6 months) 3D CBCT scan or pano, you will be instructed to send an existing CBCT (Conebeam 3D image) and existing diagnostics to our email address (if you have not done so in step 4). If you do not have either panoramic or x-rays, your next step is to find a location that will take a 3D Conebeam Scan (3D CBCT) of both of your jaws and includes your condial joints (TMJ). We will send you a follow-up CBCT DIRECTIONS email so you can call various offices and ask them about their 3D CBCT scan equipment and exporting directions to ensure you get what you NEED for our office to view your case. The email will have detailed instructions. Once you find a suitable office for your scan, you will follow the CBCB Email Guidance and you will ask for a full export of your 3D CBCT file, which will be given to you as a DICOM file. You will then be asked to send your 3D CBCT scan or, worst case, your 2D Pano image (both jaws) to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org from where you will receive a confirmation email upon submitting the form.
- If you are having practitioners email radiographic images, PLEASE have them email all records to YOU directly, and you must consolidate them into ONE EMAIL and send us all the attachments in one email.
- Please do not send anything older than 6 months.
- Please do not send endodontic small CBCT scans of a single tooth.
- If you have a full series of x-rays that are less than 6 months old, we do not consider those for diagnosis, but they are preferable to sending nothing.
- After your records have been received in a SINGLE consolidated email, you will receive a call or an email back from our New Patient Concierge that your files are in review, and we will reach out once they have been reviewed by the clinical team to discuss the preliminary potential treatment plan and discuss timing to schedule your new patient appointment.
- You will receive an email/and or call with a preliminary estimate of the treatment and extent of dental treatment we anticipate you will be required based on your records, this will include an overview of various therapies and costs. The potential treatment plan review will require payment of a $500 deposit that will go toward your new patient appointment cost. You will receive a preliminary financial estimate of the anticipated financial cost of the potential treatment you may require for dental services rendered during your treatment visit or visits.
- Prior to the cost estimate email, patients pay a $500 non-refundable deposit that goes towards the first new patient appointment.
- In this detailed treatment plan estimate email, you will receive:
- Anticipated Treatment Needs (dental services) during a weeklong visit
- Anticipated Number of Visits
- Anticipated Financial Costs
- Required Blood Work To Get Done
- Supplements to Start taking prior to surgery date
A visual flow of Dr. May’s typical travel patient flying from out of state or outside the USA:
- If you are in agreement with the cost estimates and an overview of various treatment needs you may have, we will then schedule your initial 2.5 hour new patient appointment, usually 1 day before surgery/treatment. This is required as a separate visit prior to your full dental treatment (surgery/restorations/etc) but in RARE instances maybe incorporated into your total visit with treatment during the afternoon. This is purely dependent on clinical needs and protocols.
- Once a date and time has been determined for your new patient appointment (all diagnostics, interpretation, evaluation, and treatment planning) and you book your travel, send us a copy of your airfare tickets via email.
- We will collect a deposit based on the total anticipated cost of treatment – usually, the deposit is anywhere from 20%-40% of the total treatment expected to be done during your week-long visit.
- If your treatment AND the first new patient appointment visit are being scheduled for the same visit (same trip, same week) as your new patient appointment, you will be asked to pay a deposit that will cover your new patient visit, cover a portion of your estimated treatment costs and will allow us to reserve several hours of anticipated treatment during the time of your visit. Your deposit will be paid via credit card. This deposit and payment is processed over the phone and is required to schedule an appointment.
- Should you not have a credit card, you may wire a money transfer or send a check; however, until the funds are in our accounts and settled in the bank, we will not be able to schedule your dental treatment reservation appointments.
- Once registration forms have been completed and the deposit has been paid, your initial new patient appointment date and the number of treatment visits for your visiting week have been established via phone or/or email correspondence.
- New Patient 2.5 Hour Appointment Information – THIS WILL BE REVIEWED IN DETAIL IN YOUR INITIAL EMAIL
- Every new patient who seeks to become a patient of Dr. May’s is required to undergo a 2.5 new patient appointment with approximately 1 hour of diagnostics and 1 hour of doctor time and then planning and financial arrangement time with our treatment and finance coordinator.
- Diagnostics are mandatory and cannot be opted out of 3D CBCT Scan, Microbial Analysis, Extraoral HD Photos, Intraoral Photos, and Digital Bitewings. A potential 3D Digital Impression scan may be required as well.
- For surgery patients, you will be required to have blood tests done prior to your arrival.
- During the scheduling of your first visit and treatment week, we will review our Nutritional Protocols, Vitamin/Supplement Protocols, Required Blood Tests/Blood Labs (based on anticipated surgical needs), and other lifestyle changes that you will be asked to starting at least 2-4 weeks prior to your visit with Dr. Yuriy May. This is in order to prepare your body for the optimal clinical outcome and to help your body heal and your oral microbiome improves – which is the number one reason patients from all over the world and country visit Natural Dentistry.
- Cancellation for traveling patients who have paid a deposit and have booked the new patient appointment together with the treatment for the same visit, is a minimum of 2 weeks in advance. The 2 weeks cancellation ONLY applies if treatment is scheduled for the first visit. If only the new patient appointment is scheduled, 1-week cancellation in advance is required
Where will you be located when seeing Dr. Yuriy May in Connecticut?
You will be located in the center of Connecticut, which is the Northeast United States of America or also considered New England. While the office is located on the town line between Farmington Connecticut and West Hartford Connecticut, the office is considered closest to the heart of West Hartford, CT. Below are recommendations for the closest hotels, airports, and food-accommodating restaurants; however, it’s up to each patient where they want to stay during their travel to Dr. May’s office.
The blue circle above represents a 10-mile radius and shows where Farmington, CT is (location of office) in relation to the recommended restaurant locations located in West Hartford, CT.
Information about West Hartford, CT, where you will be spending most of your time.
West Hartford was published in a New York Times 2021 article that described the cultured town as “A Suburb With an Urban Aesthetic.” The feature article referred to the town as a densely-developed community that’s a “little bit of a liberal enclave” halfway between Boston and New York, NYT writer Lisa Prevost states.
“It is so great to have West Hartford recognized by the New York Times for our vibrancy, stellar restaurant scene, top quality diverse schools, green spaces, and more. It really is such an honor to be the Mayor of this unique and caring town that has so much to offer,” West Hartford Mayor Shari Cantor said of the recent NYT mention. Indeed, West Hartford has the 3rd largest public rose garden in the United States, a professional-casual yet happening restaurant scene, with beautiful fall foliage, and plenty of hiking, shopping, and eating to be found. In Farmington, just over the West Hartford town line, a beautiful mall can be found for those who still enjoy the thrill of in-person shopping. For patients who bring families for “Travel Patient Week,” there are indoor rock climbing facilities, escape rooms, movie theaters, farms with “pick your own” fruits and vegetables, corn mazes and hayrides in the fall, and water sports along the rivers in the summer months. For active little humans, many school playgrounds locally to choose from, splash pads in the summer, and for rainy days, local public libraries offer activities and playrooms.
In August 2020, West Hartford was the only Connecticut town listed in the New York Times article “Leaving New York: How to Choose the Right Suburb.” The West Hartford town’s website used to feature the motto: “Where City Style Meets Village Charm.”
Airport Information for Natural Dentistry Center Traveling Patients:
Our closest airport is Bradley International (BDL) located in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. The airport is approximately 25 minutes from our office by car, assuming you are not traveling during “rush hour,” which has an increase of traffic and increase in transportation time to and from the airport. If you would like the office to coordinate airport pick up for you, we charge a nominal fee to schedule your car transportation service.
Hotel Information for Natural Dentistry Center Traveling Patients:
Option 1 (Closest to Office – Walkable 7-10 minutes):
HILTON – Homewood Suites
Description: This hotel has all basic amenities, and many of the rooms have a mini kitchenette and refrigerator for those who want to purchase their own food at WholeFoods Supermarket and prepare/reheat in their room. WholeFoods, 7 minutes away by Uber, Lyft or Taxi, also offers same-day delivery for food items (if you are an Amazon Prime member.) This hotel is a walkable distance and is about 0.15 miles from our current office. This can be about a 5-minute walk and does require crossing a busy intersection. By car it’s about 1-2 minutes away from our office, depending on traffic. In addition, the hotel is about 10 minutes from one of the most VIBRANT restaurant and nightlife regions in all of Connecticut. It’s about 15 minutes from the closest large shopping mall, with Louis Vuitton, Nordstrom, Saks Off Fifth, Nordstrom Rack, Burberry, and other awesome shopping destinations.
Address: 2 Farm Glen Blvd, Farmington, CT 06032
Phone: (860) 321-0000
Option 2 (Best Service & Most Expensive):
Delamar West Hartford Hotel
Description: This is considered one the most expensive and luxurious hotel establishments in the most “lively” area of town with great restaurants and shopping. Another bonus – its located across from WholeFoods Grocery Store and next to SpOT Coffee! While this hotel is next to the best social scene you will likely find in Connecticut, it is the further from our office. This hotel is not a walkable distance (even by European standards) and is about 15 minute car ride from our office. This can be about 20 minutes by car depending on traffic.
Address: 1 Memorial Rd, West Hartford, CT 06107
Transportation Information for Traveling Patients:
We recommend you download the iPhone or android application known as UBER or LYFT and use that for all transpiration to and from the office, including airport pickup. You may also use local taxi services, however, due the nature of Connecticut being more rural than New York City, we do not have consistent access to taxis and recommend UBER or LYFT services. If you would like the office to coordinate airport pick up for you, we charge a nominal fee to schedule your car transportation service.
Food Information for Traveling Patients:
Luckily, we have one of our premier health stores known as Whole Foods located in West Hartford, Connecticut which is approximately 20 minutes from our office – which has an extensive selection of fresh fruits, vegetables, juices, gluten free, vegan and diary free selections. In addition, Whole Foods has a wide array of buffet selections which both salads (raw vegan) and cooked (meat included) options.
Another 20 minutes from our office we have West Hartford Center which is also about 20 minutes away from the office has a number of restaurants serving well-cooked meals that are available in gluten free, vegan, diary free or low carb options. We recommend 2-3 restaurants in West Hartford Center that we know to be the most accommodating. The restaurants will have selections of non-farmed fresh fish, and will have seasonal variations of proteins such as lobster, farm-to-table chicken/lamb/turkey, grass-fed beef etc.
We have patients from all over the USA:
We’ve had patients seek treatment with Dr. Yuriy May from the following countries and always have more visiting us from all over the world: